Jump to Navigation
Print This Page

Minor in Possession of Alcohol Lawyer

Minor in Possession of Alcohol (MIP) Attorney

If you are the parent of a child charged with minor in possession of alcohol, I encourage you to contact my firm immediately. I am Glen P. Burn, and I have been providing defense in MIP cases since 1991.

Parents have high aspirations for their children and do not want their records marred by a simple mistake in judgment. I will work hard to create an effective defense for your child. It is possible for an experienced attorney to get the charges reduced or dismissed altogether.

Peachtree City Underage Drinking

Underage drinking is a very common charge in Georgia. It is generally not a serious charge, but there can be serious consequences and repercussions if it is not handled properly. In your teens DUI defense, I will give you an honest assessment of your options and the consequences as we work towards the successful resolution of your child's case.

Common Misconceptions Regarding MIP

There is a common belief that you have to have consumed alcohol in order to be charged with MIP. This is not the case; you simply have to be in possession of the alcohol. Even then, there are two distinctions:

  • Actual possession: The act of possessing, such as holding a bottle of alcohol or carrying a grocery bag containing alcohol
  • Constructive possession: When the alcohol is simply in the vicinity of where you are and you have the opportunity of actual possession, such as the alcohol is on the dinner table where you are eating, or alcohol is in the same car as you

Contact Me

To speak with a lawyer regarding minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) charges, contact the Law Office of Glen P. Burn. My office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, but I can meet at any time by appointment. I offer a free consultation, and I am free to meet at your home, jail or a location more convenient for you.